- Dispatcher---Manages the movement of trains over the railway using the timetable, trainorders, clearances and a trainsheet.
- Nelson yard west---Switches the west end, acts as yardmaster clearing trains in and out, making up and breaking down trains, classifying cars and communicating with the dispatcher.
- Nelson yard east---Generally switches the east end, switches local spots and assists the yardmaster.
- Kraft Switcher---Works the Kraft paper plant at Castlegar
- Nakusp Way Freight---Works the Slocan and Kaslo branches by way of the Slocan Lake train barge.
- Road Crew---2 to 3 jobs from a mixture of pushers, limited stop through freights, unit ore trains and the Cascade Turn way freight.